What's the difference between the Carry-on 1.0 and the 2.0?

Our most popular question!

In short - the Carry-on 2.0 helps you move even faster than the 1.0 version.

Specifically, new features on the 2.0 include:

• our patent-pending neoprene laptop and device holder, allowing access from the side and the top
  • our new 600D and 1000D Air-textured yarn nylon fabric
  • re-engineered carry handles for extra comfort
  • a new hook compression system with ‘easy-access’ and ‘secure’ modes
  • super cool magnetized stabilizer straps
  • 3D pockets in the main compartment for extra storage
  • dedicated document sleeve, passport pocket, and zippered ‘trinkets’ pocket in the laptop compartment
  • the ability to attach our optional Modular Hip Pads and Messenger Sling accessories (all other accessories work with both the 1.0 and 2.0 bags)

…plus a bunch more under-the-hood tweaks and improvements!

If you want to see the 2.0 bag in action, as well as a detailed breakdown of the new components, take a stroll over to the product page.

1 Like

I’m interested in the 2.0, being a diehard fan of my 1.0. But I had an idea: Do you guys have an inside scoop on someone who could really benefit from owning my 1.0, but they’re just not able to afford it? If so, I’d like to donate it to them, in hopes of inspiring that person to travel more.

3 Likes

Really good, really relevant question. I’m going to let either @jimmhay or @matt.h jump in because we’ve been discussing things like this - they’re both on rough timezones for the next few hours (challenges of a remote squad :smile:)

1 Like

@mistermenges that’s a) super cool of you, and b) along the lines of other things we’ve been considering lately. @Luke will be in touch directly about this !

1 Like

@mistermenges just sent you a DM!

1 Like

Thanks, guys! Appreciate the info and the DM. Cheers.

2 Likes