🎧 Musicians: Know any who'd want to do a live set for us?

Live virtual sets on Pirate Radio?

We’d love to bring musicians around the world on to share their music with us. This has become a thing:

Anyone know any musicians we might convince to give us a ‘virtual coffee shop’ performance?

I know an awesome blues musician here in Colorado Springs if you are interested his name is Grant Sabin I can ask him

2 Likes

Hey Jocelyn, welcome! I’m in Denver - I’m listening to Grant rn. Diggin’ it. @jimmhay is our resident master of pirate programming so he should be by in a few hours (he’s on Tokyo timezone).

@Jreeves - thanks for the tip! is this him?

I know a great musician called Gareth Esson based in London ! Have heard him perform multiple times…voice of an angel…burgeoning folk legend. I’m sure he would perform if asked :slight_smile: (@garethesson on Instagram)

3 Likes

I think so he’s super nice they did live stream from distillery 291 this past week.

Jocelyn Reeves
Jocelyn_r_@hotmail.com

3 Likes

@teomec dig it. @matt.h another solid musician!

@teomec @Jreeves Great suggestions! I’ve added Grant and Gareth to our list. Started listening to them for research, continued listening to them for enjoyment :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I don’t know them personally but these guys are doing an amazing live set right now if you want to tune in. Maybe we should reach out?

Rodrigo y Gabriela -

1 Like

Ooh I love these guys! We should totally reach out

1 Like

My friend, Lorin Walker Madsen, is an outlaw country musician. He would be happy to play a set for your show! Here is his facebook page that has some clips and livestreams on it so you can see for yourself what he’s all about.

3 Likes

Awesome, solid rec Kate! I’ve made a note of him so we can get in touch when we start doing live sets :ok_hand:

1 Like

Howdy from Texas! My friend Gina Chavez had been doing nearly nightly livestream performances for about a month, now doing them every Monday (Loony Lunes, haha) on her Facebook! facebook.com/ginachavezmusic

She’s got some street cred (NPR Tiny Desk show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRZi4QQEGBI) and I think she could be a great fit!

3 Likes

Welcome James!

Um… that is what I’d call “serious cred”. This performance is :fire::fire::fire::fire:.

um. holy moly. that was indeed fire. thanks for the tip @james – please take (hella) note @matt.h

Hey there from Istanbul,
I do Instagram concerts for my stuck at home bored friends :grinning:
I’d be happy to play a couple of tunes if you’d like. Here’s a cover of Black by Pearl Jam from my last Instagram gig.

3 Likes

@aziz welcome! Just saw your post, must have missed the notification!

Black is my favourite Pearl Jam song and your cover is excellent. I’ll drop you a PM about the tunes - would love to set that up :smiley:

I miss Istanbul. Spent a couple of months living in Moda - one of the nicest spots on earth.

1 Like

Thanks, Black is my favorite song as well.

Moda is a great place to live, although it’s mostly silent these days.
Hopefully we’ll all be able to travel back to our favorite places soon :slight_smile:

Will reply your PM

1 Like

@derek - i see you posted this a couple months ago. is it still a thing? i would have someone great to share with you.

1 Like

Indeed! Would love suggestions.