Introduce yourself!

That is a really amazing story. Thank you for sharing that.

Welcome! That meditation sounds pretty incredible.

Welcome! Would love your perspective on COVID in Philly (and elsewhere) considering your background and experience (no pressure) - we’ve been sharing local updates here:

Might not have to wait for Covid to die down. If they come up with an effective vaccine… you could just get the shot and a vaccine certificate and most countries would probably accept the certificate… like they do for Yellow Fever vaccination now.

1 Like

Haha amazing post. Jealous of your 25 day mountain hang - I’m in Denver and we’re looking for something similar, somewhat remote housing up there but enough wifi power to let work happen.

Good point on the fact that folks don’t always get how a premium backpack can be so solid that you consider it a ‘friend’. :slight_smile: Jack is a great backpack name, and I can’t even peg why.

You’re welcome Derek… happy you liked it. Before Minaal… in 2013, I traveled with an M.E.I. Voyageur convertible backpack to southeast Asia on a four month trip to the mountains of north west Thailand… 45 - 48 litre bag… too much. And the airlines made me check it every time.
Moving down to my Minaal Carry On 2.0 for my last trip of two months to Cambodia and Thailand in 2017 was great, Never had to check it even once.
Now I will get to go even more minimalist with the new Daily 3.0 I ordered… (I also have the last model of Daily but haven’t taken it on a trip yet. I’ll sell it to a friend.)
I became Buddhist at a Khmer Krom Theravada Buddhist temple. I spend lots of time at temples in Cambodia and Thailand.
I’m 68… Had quadruple cardiac artery bypass surgery last year. On pump for more than two hours. Came close to death. A real wake up that we aren’t here forever. I have to try to make the most of the time I have left now. And always do good.
Hoping for a safe effective vaccine for Covid virus soon… Wishing everyone safe flights and happy travels.
Thank you Team Minaal.

3 Likes

Hi All,

• I’m Garrett
  • Currently in Seattle, WA.
  • My favorite trip with my 2.0 was to Seattle, WA. I got the bag 2 months before lockdown, and my trip to NZ was canceled. I drove up to Washington as California was putting lockdown into place.
  • I had this horribly wild imagination telling me there would be military force blocking me from crossing state borders. Guess I was overly optimistic on how complete a lockdown would happen in the US to stop the spread, and under-estimated the level of force proposed to stop peaceful protests.
4 Likes

Hi Folks,

I’m Josh - AKA “Ti Tet” which is Haitian Creole for “little head.” Yes, I am cursed with an unusually small noggin.

Currently I live and work in Port-au-Prince, Haiti. Prior to that lived in Seattle, Washington for 10 years, and spent much of my time traveling in the Caribbean, Central America, and the Southwestern United States.

My most memorable trip with a Minaal bag was probably last February, when I was still living in Seattle and I was called upon to make an emergency trip to Haiti to assist a team of Americans there. I got the call in the late morning, was on a red eye that night, and by the next afternoon I had made the long 6 hour drive through rugged dirt roads to the Haitian coastal city of Jeremie. My Carry On 2.0 combined with the Minaal packing cubes made the luggage part of my trip a breeze. I was able to help get the group on track, and I had a great few days with my Haitian friends in Jeremie, which included a night out on the town for my birthday consisting of lots of Haitian Prestige beer.

I’ve been doing 1 bag travel as part of my work since 2009, but I didn’t get my Minaal Carry On 2.0 until 2017. Oh how I wished I’d had a bag like that all those years. I love it, and I have a Daily 2.0 that I ordered earlier this year waiting for me at my sister-in-law’s house. Still don’t have it because of the Covid travel lockdown, but I’ll get it eventually.

Something you wouldn’t believe … I once chatted up a powerful Voodoo priest in Haiti during the week of his wife’s funeral (I was told that she died because he made a deal with the devil) and he offered to sell me a zombie. That is 100% true.

3 Likes

So you clearly own a zombie. Dope!

I’m cursed with an unusually large noggin. Grass is always greener!!

2 Likes

Naturally, I couldn’t turn down a deal. Quite the souvenir.

2 Likes
  • Hi, I am Rizky from Indonesia. When I am introducing myself, my name is often mistaken by either risky or whiskey.
  • Now I am living in Tokyo, Japan
  • Jogja and Bali trip to participate in a marathon event.
  • I am way older than I look
3 Likes

Iva, no existing shorter nickname.
Rijeka, Croatia
Carry on 1.0 from Lisabon to Porto 10day trip (and I am a girl who likes shoes… :wink:)

2 Likes

Happy Friday!! My name is Steve and I hike all around the world; Minaal has been and continues to be my go-to for lightpacking and navigating airports. Love to see the new models.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Welcome Steve - happy FriYay!

Hey Iva - welcome. Shoes can be tough when traveling light! Any tips? My wife will thank you.

You might hear this a lot - great name. I like unique names - named my kid Lachlan, which isn’t common here in the US.

You a runner? We have a bit of running banter over here (what marathon did you run?):

Hi, I am new to this group, but a long time Minaal bag user.

• My name is Art
  • I first became a user (2.0 Carry On) out of Osaka, Japan, where I lived for 4 years. I currently live in Utah (USA). 日本語もできます。とうぞよろしくお願いします。
  • I used to travel a lot for work and occasional play, where I would use my Minaal bag as I try to avoid checking things in and carry-on instead. The bag has been to other parts of Japan, back to the US, Germany, Indonesia, New Zealand, Guam, Hawaii, Sweden, Denmark so far. No favorites - every place I go has something unique and new.
  • I am a product guy and I have been fortunate to test many things (hint hint, Minaal!). Trying to figure out how to make that more of a real gig!
3 Likes

Hi Derek! Lachlan is unique indeed, isn’t it a Scottish name?

Mostly I attended local marathon events in Indonesia. For example, the one in Jogjakarta was called Mandiri Jogja Marathon since Bank Mandiri sponsored the event. The rank of the event is not quite compared the one in Bali, but I can enjoy the sun rise near the Prambanan Temple while running. The one in Bali was called Maybank Bali Marathon, this event is bigger, there are many international runners. I haven’t join any events in Japan.

It has been a while since my last run so I really can not call myself one right now, but I am looking forward to kick start again and maybe I am able to fulfill my goal to do a full marathon.

2 Likes

I’m Eric. Based in Dubai, but travel a lot. Best trip I went back to the States and my bag zipper broke, so Minaal sent me replacement zipper to both the USA and UAE and they both reached on time! Best customer service ever. What you won’t believe is that I am entirely believable.

3 Likes

Welcome! That’s quite a travel list - jealous!