The combo is great for digital nomads as is so easy to change from traveling mode to coffee shop. so I flew to Sayulita, Mexico from the US. I moved around different apartments using constantly both of the backpacks. I can finally share my review, and explain you how I use it:
If you prefer written, let’s start with the overall thoughts:
- The combo is great for digital nomads as is so easy to change from travelling mode to coffee shop mode
- Design wise, both look awesome —between professional and stylish
- The new (Picton) fabric is really nice, the dust (and sand as I’m on the beach) goes away very easily so it stays clean all the time
- If you liked the minaal 2.0, there are not many differences
- Both have the same raincover, it’s nice to have just in case
- It’s spacious enough but might small for some people (especially coming from the PK design backpack)
- It’s easy to open when fully loaded, but better use pouches for everything if you want smooth opening/closing
- I love the weight is handled with the shoulder straps lever
- The water bottle holder is great but when it’s fully loaded is a bit hard to put it in
- Double upper compartment is great! i use one for the toiletry kit if in the airport is needed to take out
- It’s maximum size keeps me sure that any airport will accept this bag as a carry-on
- The only downside I’m having so far, is that with a very loaded backpack, the straps aren’t comfortable but not sure if it is because I’m not adjusting it that well.
- Small add-on for the carry-on that I believe it’s worth it.
- You can still hide them along the shoulder straps
- It’s my favorite daily bag of all time (I tried a few like AER go)
- Love how compact it is when compressed down and opens wide to put my stuff in pouches fast and easy
- I take this bag everywhere: coffee shop, hiking, beach, gym
- Downsides will be that water bottle holder is a bit small, and for heavy loads it gets a bit uncomfortable
- They are great, tho I believe are the same 2.0 version
- Don’t compress, simple but designed to fit both carry-on or daily
- Got the small one as i’m forcing myself to travel with less, but love the size especially if we compared to the PK tech pouch
- The separators are nice, but I took them out to dump everything inside
- Mesh area is nice for the small accesories
- I’m using the first version but works very well to avoid wrinkles
- Love how easy to accomodate on the carry-on bag
So overall I’m very happy with the combo. I used to have the PK Design Travel Backpack and while it was more spacious, it was heavier and I just like that Minaal forces to be more minimal. I’m very happy with the aesthetic of both bags.
And how I can easily take out the Daily, put my digital nomad office kit on it and ready to check any place.