Daily 3.0 Bottle pocket

I think it would be useful to have an external zippered side pocket that hides an elastic water bottle pocket. This would eliminate the look that the bag isn’t business professional looking, and that would solve the lack of space for a normal water bottle pocket.

7 Likes

I’ve seen variations on this idea before and think it’s a really good one to at least consider. That way when not in use the bottle pocket doesn’t get caught and is completely out of the way, but can expand to hold things securely.

1 Like

I agree the current bottle pocket is…unsightly.

However, I prefer it as it is to losing space inside bag for a bottle.

If a zippered pocket could be made on outside of bag, then brilliant. That may just be increasing height of current pocket and adding zipper closing to top, or similar.

1 Like

What about something like this inside a hidden zipped pocket on the outside of the pack?

It’s thick elastic, curved and open on the bottom to grab the bottle easily while wearing it but also open on top to put the bottle in when packing it up. Maybe be able to roll the flap that covers the bottle pocket so its out of the way and the pocket can be used without the zippered flap in the way like the back panel’s cover on the carry on

You can make it as slim as you want and it can expand to fit most bottles. The problem with a simple mesh holder that hides away is that the bottle isn’t secure if its a smaller bottle. It will be flimsy, there needs to be something to support it so it doesn’t flap around too much while walking or running to class or the airport.

Agree…best example is the Aer Travel Pack

1 Like

Hmm not a fan of the vertical zipper in the middle of the fabric, maybe one that is flush the seam of the side to the back panel. I think it would actually be nice to have an option for a water bottle on each side. And be able to use the extender straps on it

Water bottle is a deal breaker for me. I actually lost a water bottle in my carry on as it slipped out so a zippered concept could work nicely.

1 Like

I also agree. I am not a fan of the carry on’s water bottle holder in general, but I also rarely use my carry on and mainly use my daily, even when going on year long trips around the world (in that distant pre-COVID time). It would be HUGE to have a way to hold a water bottle easily and securely on the outside, especially if it was in an expandable fashion that meant slightly extra space overall. Please implement!